In the first of our weekly #VAMFFbiz wrap-ups, we bring you a re-cap of fashion news from around the globe. This week we congratulated Damien Woolnough after being appointed as the new editor-in-chief of L’Officiel AU, we saw Ralph Lauren step down from chief executive officer of his company, and we enjoyed reading about the journey of 6 of fashion’s most powerful women in media and marketing.
- Damien Woolnough appointed the new editor-in-chief of L’Officiel AU // via Ragtrader here
- How 6 powerful women in media and marketing redefined the rules of leadership // via ADWEEK here
- Ralph Lauren steps down from CEO of his company after nearly 50 years // via Harper’s BAZAAR here (pictured)
- Italian e-tailer Yoox and Britain’s Net-a-Porter set to merge on October 5 // via Retail Week here
- The opening of a new museum and his first-ever book; a tribute to Giorgio Armani, celebrating 40 years in fashion // via The New York Times Style Magazine here
- David Jones CEO Ian Nairn’s shock resignation, replaced by Marks & Spencer’s John Dixon // via Australian Financial Review here
- Why E-tailers Need Brick-and-Mortar Stores // via Business of Fashion here