Ready or not here it comes! The Festival is just 8 short weeks away, and the Festival program is full of amazing experiences.
Can’t decide what to do? Editrix of Style Melbourne, Sarah Willcocks, has scoured the program and picked her top picks of the Festival for you:
– Josh Goot has scored the coveted Grand Showcase solo runway just in time for the lauded label’s 10th birthday.
– I’ll always have a soft spot in my cold, cold heart for the National Graduate Showcase
– Strateas.Carlucci also get their own show in the debut Independence runway
– What a way to end show week with the too-much-is-never-enough styling of Romance Was Born’s Grand Finale.
– Art Deco Jewels & High Tea: Mossgreen had me with scones and diamonds.
– Can Richard Nylon and Philippa Sibley coax the stereotypical fashion set into eating? Find out at Designer Bites, which is also part of the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival.
– Because your eyeballs need to see more rainbow explosions: Nixi Killick cometh.
– Which is your favourite piece out of the competitive Fashion Film shorts? Even famed photographer Ellen Von Unwerth wants into the program this year.
– Here’s your chance to see Balmain, Dior, Chanel and 90’s-era supermodels at our very own VAMFF via ACMI’s intriguing Fashion on Film line up. All images here are a sneak peek of what’s showing in 2015.
– Afterwards you’ll want to stroll around town on a walk inspired by one of the films with programmer James Nolen forSartorial Saturday.
For the rest of Sarah’s top picks, head to Style Melbourne